You’ll save a life. A shelter pet is more than one in a million-she’s one in 2.7 million. That is the number of adoptable dogs and cats because too many pets enter shelters and too few adopt.
- Because you’ll get a wonderful companion-Animal shelters and rescue groups are brimming with happy, healthy pets just waiting on a loving home. Most shelter pets ended up there because of a human problem, not because they have a behavior problem.
- Because you’ll get a great bargain-When you adopt a pet, the cost of spay/neuter, vaccines and microchip is usually included in the price.
- Because of the bragging rights-adopt a pet and let the social media love roll in.
- Because it’s one way to fight puppy mills-Most puppies in pet stores and sold online come from puppy mills. The dogs are sold to unsuspecting consumers in pet stores, over the internet or through classified ads.
- Because pets are good for your health-Not only do animals give you unconditional love, but they benefit you psychologically, emotionally and physically.
- Because most rescue dogs are already potty trained- Your carpet will be grateful.
- Because you’re environmentally responsible-You recycle paper and plastic so it doesn’t end up in landfills. A recycled pet won’t remain in a shelter. Plus she will make you happy.
- Because you’ll change a homeless animal’s whole world-And your own as well.