Full-Time Veterinarian – Cumming, GA
Who We Are
We are dedicated to providing the best care possible. At Animal Medical Center, we believe in developing long-lasting relationships with you and your special companion, while continually striving to provide compassionate, loving care and making the latest advances in veterinary medicine available. We make every effort to assure that you are informed about all aspects of your pet’s care and we are committed to maintaining the quality of health care that your pet deserves.
About Cumming, Georgia
From a pristine lake to mountain peaks, you can find adventure at every altitude in nature-loving Cumming, Georgia. The city is located north of Atlanta on GA 400’s Hospitality Highway. The jewel of this community is Sawnee Mountain Preserve, a 963-acre preserve with hiking trails, Indian Seats, tree canopy classroom, playground, picnic pavilions, climbing area, amphitheater and Visitor Center. A pleasant drive out of town, Poole’s Mill Park and historic covered bridge straddles Nail Creek. Bald Ridge and Habersham Marinas are situated on Lake Sidney Lanier where there is plenty of year-round fishing, boating, swimming and camping.
Who We Are Looking For
We strive to give outstanding care and are looking for people who get satisfaction out of doing a great job. If you are just looking for a job and not a career, this is probably not the place for you. Experience is optional, but you must have a passion for animals. We’re looking for a full-time veterinarian that is analytical, detail-oriented, full of personality, and is looking to thrive under the wing of Dr. Mclughlin as he mentors and teaches you all he has learned throughout his 20+ year career.
- DVM or equivalent required with licensure in Georgia
- Looking for a long-term career, not a short-term job.
- Perform or be an active part in surgery including orthopedics.
- Perform veterinary dentistry including dental radiography.
- Must have humility and willingness to learn in a fun and friendly environment.
- Must be able to think outside the box and offer new ideas and services.
- You must love people and have a passion for animals.
- Privately owned practice with 20 years of experience, an excellent mentoring environment,
- Lots of amenities of local area lake mountains and city, great school systems, top school systems in Georgia
- Lowest taxes in the metro area
- Enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Relocation compensation
- Work a flexible schedule and develop advanced skills in surgery and medicine under the mentorship of Dr. Mike McLaughlin and the whole team.
- Work with top-notch staff in a collaborative team.
- Work within and exceed AAHA standards of excellence.
- Work in a modern facility.
- Work-life balance, very set schedule with no after-hours.